Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Photo Entry - Chicago 'Burning Fight' Weekend

The weekend of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of March, 2009, is one that will stay in my memory forever. While I don't consider myself a photographer, the pictures I post here document a few moments in a time that I found to be very important. This weekend in Chicago saw a convergence of people of all ages, locations and lifestyles to experience hardcore music in a context that really claimed back its true meaning. Hope Con did not play the Burning Fight fest, and those photos are from a benefit show they played the evening prior. The rest of these photos are from the fest, and while I didn't get shots of every band (due to opportunity/unwillingness on my part), what I have posted here are the ones I found to be worth a damn.


The Hope Conspiracy; May 1st, 2009, The Subterranean.



Damnation AD; Burning Fight, May 2nd 2009, The Metro



Betrayed; Burning Fight, May 2 2009, The Metro



(During) 108; Burning Fight, May 2nd 2009, The Metro



No comments: